- Baking and trying new dinner recipes with Steve
- Teaching yoga to my most excellent yoga friends at Green Body
- …and to my yoga friends at my workplace
- “Traveling” in my hometown: checking out new food, art, trails, experiences
- Squeezing more vegetables into my diet
- Enjoying our still-fairly-newly remodeled basement
- Loving huckleberry tea
- Now and then, mostly when it’s hot outside, a Nolet’s gin & tonic. Yum. LOVE those botanicals
- Loving my husband’s smile and his endless reserve of conversation topics
- Talking to my mom, regularly
I can think of at least ten things that qualify as standard, I’m-going-to-change something, new year’s resolutions for me, this year. This post, however, is recognition of the good things I’m already doing & have good reason to maintain. Thanks, Christine, for the idea! It dials in directly to a sankalpa I recently chose – “I am steady.”
It’s also a useful exercise in santosha: acknowledgement & contentment with what’s going on right now with me. This is not to say that life is perfect and there aren’t problems in the world that I can help solve, but … well, I am fortunate, and am doing okay.
What things in your life are worth not giving up in 2013?
One thought on “2013: Things that will stay the same”
I love your list! Isn’t it great to travel your own hometown and discover new things? Love that you are keeping yoga and gin & tonics around :-)
Comments are closed.